PCS full form: Provincial Civil Service: Hello friends, In today’s article, we have brought very useful information for you. This post is going to be very helpful for you to know about PCS in detail, further, we will give you complete information about it, please read it carefully.
This article is especially for all those candidates who want to become Civil Servants. Besides providing a lucrative career, this job provides you with an immense opportunity to serve the people of our society. So if you are interested in it then you have come to the right place.
Through this post we will give you complete information about what is the full form of PCS?, PCS means, what is PCS?, Who is a PCS officer?, What is the eligibility for the PCS Exam and its syllabus and also tell you how to prepare for the PCS exam? If you really want to know the answer to all these questions then read this article completely.
PCS full form [Provincial Civil Service]
PCS full form PCS stands for Provincial Civil Service; it is generally a state-level civil service under Group A and Group B of the state service of the executive branch of any government. PCS is a post related to the policy-making of their state. so These posts are selected through the entrance examination conducted by the State Public Service Commission, The notification about PCS is declared as the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Exam.
Who is PCS (Provincial Civil Service) officers
PCS (Provincial Civil Service) is generally a state-level civil service. Under this, the administrative officers working in the job for a specific state cannot be transferred from one state to another but can be transferred between different districts of a state. That is, PCS officers can do jobs in only one state, the state in which he is appointed. Each state has its own Public Service Commission which conducts a multilevel examination to select the employees.
PCS is an examination conducted by the state government, But Different states have their own separate service selection commission and this selection commission conducts different PCS exams for their states. Like BPSC for Bihar, UPSC for Uttar Pradesh, RPSC for Rajasthan, UKPSC for Uttarakhand. Similarly, in all the states, the selection commission conducts the PCS exam for their state.
As a result, we have mentioned PCS exams are conducted by the State Service Commission under which officers are recruited for various posts in the state. so Candidates who are successful in this examination are provided appointments to various higher posts like SDM, DSP, ARTO, BDO, District Minority Officer, District Food Marketing Officer, Assistant Commissioner, Business Tax Officer.
Job profile as a PCS Officer
As a result, PCS officers hold various positions at the sub-division, district, divisional, and state levels for the conduct of revenue administration and maintenance of law and order. But Staying on these posts, it is the main responsibility of the PCS officer to get the work done by the department done properly.
There are many other posts through State PSCs (56 types of posts in PCS such as Excise Inspector SDM, Deputy SP, Principal GIC, District Information Officer, BDO, Supply Officer, Deputy Registrar) which have a different role to perform in the State Govt.
- SDM: Oversees the administration/revenue collection of the Sub-District (Tehsil).
- DySP: Takes care of the law and order of the circle, hence DySP is also called circle officer.
- Assistant Labor Commissioner: Oversees the implementation of labor laws.
- Assistant Commissioner GST: Oversees the GST tax collection and implementation of the GST law.
- BDO: Oversees the development activities at the block level.
Roles and responsibilities that are associated with a PCS Officer :
- The duty of a PCS officer is to prevent any criminal offense occurring around the state.
- To maintain law and order in the state.
- Officers ensure that the policies of the Central and State Governments are being implemented properly at the ground level.
- So They are mainly responsible for implementation of various government scheme, creation of awareness among masses.
- But To Collect land revenue from the people and act as a court. They handle the administration and daily Proceeding of the state government.
- They also participate in the meetings including policy formulation and implementation in consultation with the Minister-in-Charge Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary and the Secretary of the Department concerned.
These are only a handful of responsibilities and once you join the service; so your job would be much more diverse than what has been listed above.
Eligibility to become a PCS
To appear in the PCS exam, a candidate must have the following eligibility.
- So PCS candidates must have graduation degree from any recognized university.
- The minimum age of the candidates to apply for these posts should be minimum 21 years and maximum age should be 40 years.
- There is an age relaxation of 5 years for the reserved category candidates and up to 15 years for those who are physically handicapped.
- Candidate must be a resident of India
Exam pattern of PCS examination
To become a PCS officer, the candidates have to appear in the examination to be conducted by the State Public Service Commission. This exam to conduct in three stages-
- Preliminary Examination-objective type questions (MCQs)
- Main Examination– essay/descriptive type
|Name of the exam||Type of the examination||Marks|
|Preliminary Exam||Paper 1-General Studies I||150|
|Paper 2-General Studies II (CSAT)||100|
|Mains Exam||General Hindi||150|
|Optional Subject – Paper 1||200|
|Optional Subject – Paper 2||200|
Salary of a PCS officer
The salary depends on the post, but there is a different salary on the appointment in different posts.so In PCS the highest salary is that of Deputy Collector and the least is that of the rarest Tehsildar.
But The monthly Income of a PCS is to determine by the state government; the salary of each state is different, as the salary of a PCS officer in Uttar Pradesh is as follows-
- Pay Band PB-3 (15600-39100)
- Grade Pay – 5400
- Basic Salary- 15600
Apart from a decent amount of salary, there are various allowances that PCS officers receive.
- Dearness Allowance dependent on inflation
- Travel Allowance
- Medical allowance
- Study Leave
- Household Helpers and Security
- HRA: House Rent Allowance .
- Pension: After retirement, BDO gets pension and other facilities.
- Other facilities: Vehicle, Free Phone Services, Electricity and Water Bill; education allowance is being paid to PCSs in various states.
Conclusion – Friends, We hope that you may like our article about PCS full form content, however, if you have a question with respect to this article then please put your question in the comment section, also, we would like you to join our Telegram channel to get a real-time content update, Thanks for visiting here, Have you a Good day.
Useful Books PDF for PCS exams: